About This Course
Kali Linux contains a large amount of penetration testing tools from various different niches of the security and forensics fields. The Kali Linux penetration testing platform contains a vast array of tools and utilities, from information gathering to final reporting, that enable security and IT professionals to assess the security of their systems.
This course will explore the different types of applications and commands to be run on a remote system based on types of goals that an attacker wishes to accomplish. It will cover how to extract useful information from a target that has been located. This course will teach the viewers I details about enum4linux with which one will be able to extract useful information. One will be able to explore the amap tool. This tool can be used to to identify services running on non-standard ports. As you go ahead, this course will teach one how to extract useful information from a target that they have located. The viewers will also be taught how to Discover non-contiguous IP blocks using dnsenum and how to scan with Nikto.
This is the logical follow up to information gathering where we take the information we have gathered and then use that to more closely investigate a target
- Certificate will provided in this course on Completion
- Full lifetime access
- Available on Mobile & Laptop
What Students Will Learn In Your Course?
- Gain information about a targeted network to identify the nature of the environment being tested
- Identify services running on non-standard ports using amap
- Use enum4linux to extract useful information
- Make use of the types of applications and commands to run on a remote system
- Work with network routers and see how to map them
- Find internal hosts, identify internal services, and locate directory services
- Perform basic scans using nmap
- Grab banners with nmap
- Detect services and get to know detection methods
- Use NSE scripts in nmap
Are There Any Course Requirements Or Prerequisites?
Knowledge of Kali.
Who Are Your Target Students?
The target of this audience would be the current users of Kali, looking to get a better understanding of how to use and apply the distribution in their own tests and actions. Specifically, this course will help those looking to gain information about a network.
- 23 lectures