About This Course
Kali Linux offers a large number of penetration testing tools from various different niches in the security and forensics fields. Kali Linux offers a multitude of options to scan a single IP, port, or host (or a range of IPs, ports, and hosts) to uncover vulnerabilities and security holes. The output and information can serve as a precursor to penetration testing efforts.
The course starts with vulnerability assessment and penetration testing. Then, you will learn about the process of ethical hacking from the initial identification and investigation to the final exploitations and report. Next, we will build a test lab in a virtual environment using Oracle VirtualBox, Kali Linux, and a vulnerable OS. You will get started with reconnaissance to gather information about a target. Next, you will focus on NMAP, which is one of the biggest and most popular networks and host scanning tools. You will also learn to avoid being detected by firewalls and IPs when using NMAP. Vulnerability assessment and analysis are the most important steps before trying to hack and penetrate a system so we will learn to initiate an exploit and penetrate a system. Finally, you'll exploit a system and, once exploitation is confirmed, you'll prepare and present a report to the customer.
By the end of the course, you will be an excellent hacker and will have mastered all the hows and whys of ethical hacking.
The code bundle for this course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Learning-Kali-Linux
- Certificate will provided in this course on Completion
- Full lifetime access
- Available on Mobile & Laptop
What Students Will Learn In Your Course?
- How to test your network against various types of attack and develop a network-testing environment that can be used to test scanning tools and techniques
- Vulnerability scanning and validating using pen testing tools
- Enumeration and fingerprinting in the ethical hacking process
- Build a test lab in a virtual environment with Kali Linux
- Start gathering information about a target with passive and active reconnaissance
- Learn about NMAP, the biggest and most popular network and host-scanning toolset
Are There Any Course Requirements Or Prerequisites?
Basics of Linux is assumed.
Who Are Your Target Students?
This course is for developers who have an interest and want to learn Kali Linux. Ethical hackers, penetration testers, system administrators, and IT security professionals who wish to master network security by learning Kali Linux will benefit greatly from this course.
- 39 lectures