About This Course
Multi-core processors are everywhere—from super-computers to mobile devices right in your pocket. That's why a modern developer must know how to leverage the power of multithreading.
This course will teach you how to use parallelism and concurrency in Java. You will learn how to parallelize tasks and functions with the ForkJoin framework and Streams. You will also learn how to work with the very popular Reactive Streams recently introduced to Java. Furthermore, you will master concurrent collections and lower-level synchronization techniques with locks.
This course conveniently provides quizzes to evaluate your knowledge and help you retain the new concepts.
By the end of this practical training course, you will have the knowledge to write elegant programs for multicore computers with enhanced performance and improved responsiveness.
All the code and related files are on GitHub at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Java-Concurrency-Multithreading-in-Practice
- Certificate will provided in this course on Completion
- Full lifetime access
- Available on Mobile & Laptop
What Students Will Learn In Your Course?
- Build efficient and elegant code with popular parallel Java frameworks, including ForkJoin and Streams
- Master Reactive Streams to process data
- Explore the existing thread-safe collections and types, to avoid reinventing the wheel
- Understand how threads work in Java and how to manage them
- Leverage multithreading to increase your application's performance
Are There Any Course Requirements Or Prerequisites?
Some basic workable knowledge of Java is assumed.
Who Are Your Target Students?
If you are a Java developer keen to learn how to write modern parallel and concurrent programs to improve application performance, this course is for you.
- 24 lectures