About This Course
In a world of modern business models and digital products, the use of monolithic applications run classical infrastructure is just not feasible anymore. Many organizations have already begun resorting to the elasticity of the cloud as it offers them greater agility, availability, resilience, and portability. This video course is a one-stop solution for developers and architects, teaching them to understand the challenges faced in building cloud-native applications, using Java EE 8 and some additional well know open-source components and APIs. In combination, these APIs enable you to easily build hyperscale, elastic, loosely coupled, reliable, observable and secure microservices. Throughout this course, we address the different challenges you need to master to build truly cloud-native applications with Java EE. By the end of this course, you will be equipped with enough knowledge and practical experience to get your next cloud-native Java EE microservices up-and-running in no time, and with ease.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on GitHub at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Cloud-native-Application-Development-with-Java-EE
- Certificate will provided in this course on Completion
- Full lifetime access
- Available on Mobile & Laptop
What Students Will Learn In Your Course?
• Design and build cloud-native applications using Java EE 8
• Deploy and run Java EE 8 microservices using Docker and Kubernetes
• Build robust and easily consumable REST APIs with JAX-RS and MicroProfile OpenApi
• Build resilient service clients using circuit breakers, bulkheads, timeouts and retries
• Develop loosely coupled, message-driven microservices with JMS and JSON-P
• Implement configurability with Kubernetes ConfigMaps and Secrets using MicroProfile Config
• Add and implement service monitoring with Metrics and MicroProfile Health
• Implement service call tracing with MicroProfile OpenTracing
• Secure your microservices with BASIC Auth and JSON Web Tokens
Are There Any Course Requirements Or Prerequisites?
Existing Java programming skills are required.
Who Are Your Target Students?
This video course is for Java developers and architects who would like to build real cloud-native applications that are lightweight, hyperscale, elastic, loosely coupled, observable and secure.
- 28 lectures