About This Course
C# and .NET Core combine to give developers a new sense of robustness, flexibility, and efficiency to build amazing applications inside and outside the MS ecosystem. There are several improvements as well as additions to the language and framework in C# 8 and .NET Core 3.0. This course will not just get you familiar with its new features, but it will also help you understand, how you can best make use of it in your day to day application development with real-world examples.
To begin working with .NET Core 3.0, you'll first upgrade to the latest version of Visual Studio and also download and install the latest version of the .NET Core SDK. Then this course will continue to follow a practical approach and will cover all the new features of the C# language, and everything the .NET Core framework offers developers to quickly build web APIs and Windows Desktop applications.
By the end of the course, you will be able to utilize the full power of C#8 with its new features and overcome the problems faced in C#7 while rapidly building a web API and a Windows desktop app with .NET Core 3.0.
The code bundle for this video course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/C-8-and-.NET-Core-3.0-New-Features
- Certificate will provided in this course on Completion
- Full lifetime access
- Available on Mobile & Laptop
What Students Will Learn In Your Course?
- Install the latest version of Visual Studio
- Save your code from Null-Reference exceptions by using Nullable reference types
- Supercharge your async/await skills with C# 8 async streams
- Work with ranges and indices
- Simplify your interfaces with default member implementations
- Boost your programming skills with Recursive Patterns
- Increase productivity by typing less when creating new objects
- Leverage the latest .NET Core 3.0 features
- Build your first .NET Core Windows desktop Application
Are There Any Course Requirements Or Prerequisites?
Basic knowledge of C# and .NET Core is assumed.
Who Are Your Target Students?
Developers and programmers who want to quickly learn how to make the best use of .NET Core 3.0 new features, while getting hands-on with C# 8, will benefit from this course.
- 20 lectures