About This Course
The Java Enterprise Edition is one of the leading application programming platforms for enterprise Java development. With Java EE 8 finally released and the first application servers being available, it is time to have a closer look at how to develop modern and lightweight web services with the latest API additions and improvements.
This video course is a comprehensive guide showing you how to develop state-of-the-art RESTful web services with the latest Java EE 8 APIs. We start by giving an overview of Java EE 8 and the latest API additions and improvements. Then you will implement, build, and package your first working web service as a prototype for the remainder of the course. Then you will delve into the details of implementing synchronous RESTful web services and clients with JAX-RS. Next up, you will learn about the specifics of data binding and content marshalling using the JSON-B 1.0 and JSON-P 1.1 APIs. Then you will learn how to leverage the power of asynchronous APIs on the server- and client-side, and you will learn to use Server-Sent-Events (SSEs) for push communications. The final section will cover some advanced web service topics such as validation, JWT security, and diagnosability.
By the end of this course, you will have a thorough understanding of the Java EE 8 APIs required for lightweight web service development. Also, you will have implemented several working web services to provide you with the required practical experience.
- Certificate will provided in this course on Completion
- Full lifetime access
- Available on Mobile & Laptop
What Students Will Learn In Your Course?
- Dive into latest Java EE 8 APIs relevant for developing web services
- Understand the basics of building synchronous web services with JAX-RS
- Easy content marshaling with JSON-B 1.0
- Flexible JSON processing with JSON-P 1.1
- Implement asynchronous web services with JAX-RS
- Implement synchronous and asynchronous JAX-RS clients
- Use Server-Sent Events (SSE)
- Secure Java EE 8 web services with JSON web tokens
Are There Any Course Requirements Or Prerequisites?
No prior knowledge of Java EE 8 is required; experience with a previous Java EE version will, however, be beneficial
Who Are Your Target Students?
This course is intended for Java developers who want to learn how to implement web services using the latest Java EE 8 APIs.
- 25 lectures